Flowcharting tools

Subject: Flowcharting tools
From: jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:25:34 -0500

[tried to send to Frederic, but the mail daemon returned it]

Actually, I'd highly recommend allCLEAR by Clear Software (199 Wells
Ave., Newton, MA 02159). As a technical communicator, I find allCLEAR
is more intuitive, especially for process flow diagrams, than either
Visio or abcFlowcharter. With allCLEAR, you can create an outline that
you can turn into a flow chart.

Of the two you've mentioned, though, I'd definitely go with Visio. It
has a lot of templates, neat features that allow you to do mock-ups of
Windows interfaces, and full OLE capabilities. I always found ABC
Flowcharter to be too, well, programmer-like.

Hope this helps!

Joe Sokohl
Campbell Software, Inc.
jsokohl -at- campbellsoft -dot- com