Tech Writing Courses

Subject: Tech Writing Courses
From: Sandra Theis <theis -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 07:56:54 -0700

Has anyone taught or taken a technical writing (or closely related)
course that was instructed entirely through the Internet. I would be
interested in hearing about your experiences.
I will be teaching a technical writing course Spring Quarter 1997.
There is no problem converting the course syllabus, lecture notes and
assignment instructions so that both students who take the course in
the classroom or on the Internet will have similar requirements.
However, I am still considering the best way to duplicate the
classroom atmosphere (questions, discussion, collaborative work) so
that the course is more than just e-mailing messages and assignments.
If any of you have used chat rooms, news groups, listservs, MUDs, MOOs
etc. for educational purposes, please let me know. You may reply
directly to me. Thanks

Sandra S. Theis
Columbus State Community College
Columbus, OH