Re: Just FYI

Subject: Re: Just FYI
From: David Jones <dvjones -at- KSBE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:48:45 +0000

FYI, there is currently quite a discussion on the Word list between
those (including former Microsoft tech support staff) who testify
that the master/sub docs work as designed, and those (including some
on this list) who testify that master/sub docs do not work at all.

As usual, YMMV.

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator. I'll go back on topic! <G>

On 24 Oct 96 at 9:52, Iain Harrison wrote:
> Get real. Some people actually write for a living, and the tools
> they use are important to them. Where else would you actually find
> people who are knowledgeable about workarounds for Word's Master/sub
> document deficiencies? You won't find them on word mailing lists or
> conferencing systems. Word users don't normally need to use that
> feature, so they avoid it.

David Jones, Technical Writer
dvjones -at- ksbe -dot- edu

Thought for the day:
Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
that they are right, whether they are or not.

DISCLAIMER:
The views described herein are the views of the author, and
do not represent the views or opinions of Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate, nor is there any approval or authorization of
this material, express or implied, by the Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate. If you suspect that any of the material in
this message or attachments thereto is in violation of a
copyright, please notify the Webmaster immediately by e-mail
at "Webmaster -at- ksbe -dot- edu".