Re: Just FYI and Re[2]: Just FYI

Subject: Re: Just FYI and Re[2]: Just FYI
From: Shmuel Ben-Artzi <sba -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:27:36 +0200

Pat,

In the few months that I have been monitoring (and occasionally posting to)
this list, I have seen a number of postings with which I disagreed. A wise
Chinese proverb says that if two people agree on everything, one of them is
unnecessary. But, to the credit of my fellow list members, I have seen
*extremely* few postings here which I found downright offensive. Yours
currently holds the prize in this catagory, and probably (hopefully) will
for some time to come.

Your descent into vindictive personal epithets (especially in the second
paragraph, which I will not reprint here) is totally unwarranted and has no
place in any civilized forum. The total lack of professionalism which your
posting displayed is most certainly unsuited to this list.

Entended, colloidal diatribes? Pseudo-Socratic debates and discussions? You
have the unmitigated chutzpah to use such terms and then to subject us all
to the penultimate paragraph of your posting (which I will also *not*
subject our readers to a second time by reprinting it).

I would have been prepared to accept, even to agree with some of your
reasoning about the subject of this thread. But the totally unprofessional,
vindictive and hypocritical tone of your posting makes it totally impossible
for me to conscientiously do so.

Back into your redoubt, Pat, until you are prepared to accept the
responsibility of comporting yourself like a civilized member of society.

Shmuel Ben-Artzi
sba -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il