Re: Help with sentence structure...

Subject: Re: Help with sentence structure...
From: "Wollt, Richard C RV" <rcw1 -at- PO9 -dot- RV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:09:00 CST

It seems to me that "...a high number of records *are* retrieved." would be
best. If you were referring to the number as an entity, as in "...the
number of responses is unusually high" the singular would fit, but your
example seems to need the plural.

Just my $0.02

Richard Wollt
rcw1 -at- rsvl -dot- unisys -dot- com