Re: HTML Help files?

Subject: Re: HTML Help files?
From: "John A. Lord" <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:19:14 -0800

At 10:54 AM 10/31/96 -0800, Joanne wrote:

>I have been informed by my project manager that my Winhelp system needs
>to be revised in an HTML format "with links and graphics and cool stuff"
>for a program that's due to launch in mid-January. I know there are many
>converters out there (e.g. Robohelp), as well as tools in development
>from Netscape and Microsoft.
<snip>-------------------

As many of you know, both Microsoft and Netscape are currently developing
HTML online help systems. I'm told that Microsoft's HTML Help supports Java
and ActiveX, while Netscape's NetHelp supports only Java. They will probably
not be compatible, and each company will be attempting to define the
industry standard. Blue Sky have stated that they will be upgrading their
Robohelp products asap to cover both the Microsoft and Netscape versions.
Final versions of all these products were not yet available when I last
checked; about 10 days ago.

For information about the latest Robohelp products, check:

http://www.blue-sky.com/infowho.htm

For information on Microsoft's HTML Help, check:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/author/htmlhelp/home.htm

For information on Netscape's NetHelp, check:

http://home.netscape.com/eng/help/sdksite.htm

Good Luck
JL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John Lord Technical Publications
jlord -at- livingston -dot- com Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.livingston.com/ Phone (510) 426-0770

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx