Procedural Steps

Subject: Procedural Steps
From: Matthew Epstein <Matthew -dot- Epstein -at- FAA -dot- DOT -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 10:33:22 -0500

I've been following with interest the discussion on different methods
of presenting procedural steps. Unfortunately, the directives I write
require the steps to be in a strict outline numbered paragraph format
(printed in three narrow columns, no less) specified by the Federal
Register. Often I find myself chafing at these restrictions. Does
anyone else on the list have an external format that they must follow
in presenting procedural steps? Do you find your creativity stifled?

Hi Mary Ann, if you're lurking!

Matthew

Matthew -dot- Epstein -at- faa -dot- dot -dot- gov