I need a title

Subject: I need a title
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:41:02 +0100

Hello Michael,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Michael John Little an All am 03.11.96

MJ> From: Michael John Little <hypercom -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>

MJ> True, technical communicator would be more appropriate, but
MJ> according to
MJ> the agencies that handle contract jobs for people such as
MJ> ourselves in
MJ> Australia, their computer system does not search for technical
MJ> communicators, but for technical writers.

I cannot directly help you with your problem "down under", but perhaps the
idea might be interesting:

Our German federal (un-) employment agency does a lot more than unemployment
insurance. One of its tasks is to define professions. In 1989 our professional
society in Germany, tekom, helped in this process. They finally chose
"technischer Redakteur". This is the term used by Siemens...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)