Re: I need a title

Subject: Re: I need a title
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 09:11:22 -0800

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:59:24 -0800, Sella Rush wrote:

>Now my boss wants me to pick a new title for myself, something that doesn't
>pigeonhole me when I have contact with people outside the company. But I'd
>like something that still reflects my primary job (and what I went to
>school so many years for!)

How about, "Technical Communicator"? (Or if you want to have fun and
be a little pompous about it, "Head of Technical Communications"? :-)

It's still a perfect description of your primary (and learned)
position, while covering more areas of contact than simply "writing".

Your friend and mine,
Matt
They shoot without shame / In the name of a piece of dirt
For a change of accent / Or the color of your shirt
Better the pride that resides / In a Citizen of the World
Than the pride that divides / When a colorful rag is unfurled
- Rush, "Territories"
#include standard_disclaimer.h