Re: Recognition at last!

Subject: Re: Recognition at last!
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:36:53 -0800

At 03:17 PM 11/5/96 -0800, you wrote:
>It seems that as soon as Microsoft shipped Word 3.0, they started
>getting lots of complaints about the documentation (I have a theory
>that any version of Microsoft Word evenly divisible by 3 will be
>a major disappointment ;-) ). The writing team spent a lot of time
>reviewing the customer complaints and developing a plan to improve the
>documentation for version 4.0. Their plan estimated one year to completely
>rewrite the documentation to address the problems the customers had
>complained about. They put together a presentation. *Bill* showed
>up. Bill said NYET! Bill said "You got six months."

While we're on the subject of Microsoft documentation follies, I wonder if
*Bill* was the one who decreed that the manuals for Word for Windows - was
it version 2.0? - would be organized in alphabetical order.
--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040