Re: Use Clear Subject Headings

Subject: Re: Use Clear Subject Headings
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:11:15 -0800

At 04:01 PM 11/4/96 -0600, you wrote:
> Anything that injects a little bit of color in life is a good thing.
>Don't we all deal with literal text throughout the day? Can't there be the
>slightest break ever? I think so.

Of course. But common courtesy should provide some direction. I receive about 100 e-mails a day. If I don't check my mail Monday and Tuesday, I'll have around 300 messages to wade through by Wednesday. In my case, I would like the subject line to be as explicit and consise as possible. Something tells me that I'm not alone in this situation.

Eric's (the listowner) posting guidelines should prevail. In addition, all of us should sit back for 30 seconds before clicking Send to assess, at a minimum, whether the post is appropriate and whether the subject line communicates the content.

This is a professional list intended for disseminating information within the techwriting community. This does not preclude creativity nor humor nor humanity, but it does demand that abstracts of posts be true to the content.

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net