Re: Use Clear Subject Headings

Subject: Re: Use Clear Subject Headings
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 05:46:49 -0800

I agree. I subscribe to too many lists (my problem, I admit) and I can't
possibly linger over every word of every posting. Instead, I follow certain
threads and skip others. It helps if I can tell the topic of the e-mail.
I'd like to add to Tony's suggestion: Please don't modify the topic
slightly. I use a sort function to help organize the topics.

Marilynne <whose probably not alone in doing this>
At 01:39 PM 11/4/96 -0800, Tony G. Rocco wrote:
>Dear list subscribers:

>Please use clear and descriptive subject headings in your postings so we
>know what to read and what to ignore. Subject lines like: "please advise!"
>"Time, time, time?," "Looking for," and "Ice in Traditionally Hot
>Locations" are not very explicit as to content. I know you think you're
>being creative and interesting, clever writers that you are, but I for one
>would rather see much less creative, much more descriptive, i.e., literal,
>subject headings. Anyone else agree?

>- tgr

>It is worth more to satisfy a desire than to acquire an estate.

>- Italian proverb

Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com