Style guides (in house) doubling as procedural manuals

Subject: Style guides (in house) doubling as procedural manuals
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:21:57 -0600

I'm another TW who is having to make an in-house style guide. One of the
things I'm doing is making it both a style guid _and_ an office procedural
guide at the same time. This is one of the advantages of having an in-house
guide, I think.

The procedure parts of the guide are found in two areas basically. One is
for example when I say that registered trademark symbols need to be
superscripted, I've detailed how to generate the character and superscript
it in MS Word (which is what the readers of the guide would be using). Also
in the guide is how to affect changes to documentation and what all to do
administratively.

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI