Quoting other postings

Subject: Quoting other postings
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NATWEST-PLC-NY -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 19:24:07 +0000

To all you Whirlers out there:

As a new member of the group, I thought I would seek a "collective"
opinion on what may be a somewhat "trivial" topic: quoting from other
postings (when composing a reply).

Since I spend a good deal of time reading the postings on the list and
I try to stay "current", I find that having large chunks of messages
quoted in replies frequently causes me to have to hunt for the new
information. On the other hand, I realize that some people may not
retain as much "trivia" in their minds as I frequently do, and, ergo,
they may appreciate being reminded of what the initial
message/question was.

Is there a happy medium? I guess I would (and will) try to quote
specific sentences, phrases, etc. which are prompting my reply without
quoting messages "wholesale".

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Tom <<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NATWEST-PLC-NY -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

You should be aware that the information contained within this message
is solely the opinion of the writer (me). The people at NatWest have
no control over how I express myself, and they should not be held
responsible for anything I say (unless, of course, I express it as a
corporate opinion).