Writing British English

Subject: Writing British English
From: "Walter L. Bazzini" <73300 -dot- 111 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 07:49:59 EST

>> Boy, things _must_ be different over the ocean. In this hemisphere, 08
is August and July would be 07. >>

Ooops. One rule in *my* users manual that I should adhere to, whichever
translation I happen to be using, is, "Don't type before at least three cups of
coffee, and under NO circumstances strike/hit/gently fondle the button marked
'Send'". Hmmm... Since "strike" and "hit" are being abor... er, termin... er,
brought to an end, I suppose "fondle" is probably a bad word too.

--Walter Bazzini