Press/Depress

Subject: Press/Depress
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:53:58 -0800

In what I hope will be the last word on the Press/Depress thread, I quote
Ambrose Bierce's definition of piano:

PIANO. A parlor utensil for subduing the impenitent visitor. It is operated
by depressing the keys of the machine and the spirits of the audience.

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040