Re: State-of-the Art Backup Systems

Subject: Re: State-of-the Art Backup Systems
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:39:12 -0800

Jonathan Leer wrote:

> As an independent technical communicator, I am working on several =
> concurrent projects which of require backing up. Many of these =
> publications are lengthy with numerous graphics. Hence they take up a =
> lot of space.=20

> I have a Syquist drive which is useful for transporting large books to =
> and from the client.

DUMP that Syquest and get yourself one of the drives from Iomega. We
use Zip disks all the time to transfer large quantities of data from our
machines at the office to our clients' machines. The external drives
are small enough that you can actually take the drive itself along if
the client doesn't have one, and set it up on the host machine as
another drive and transfer data that way.

Although Syquests were big in the printing industry for years, these
days Zip drives have made huge inroads, largely because they're much
more cost-effective.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems