Male/Female thread

Subject: Male/Female thread
From: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:09:46 -0500

Hi everyone,

I try to be sensitive to my audience, but I cannot
figure out for the life of me how the Male/Female
terminology could offend. It's logical and intuitive
because it's based on how our own equipment works.
I don't infer any kind of statement on gender roles
from its use.

Can someone explain why we should avoid using
this terminology? I haven't kept up with the "killer
language" thread that this topic originated from, so
I apologize if I'm rehashing something that's already
been adequately hashed. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tammy J. Hale
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com