32 bit Online Help Authoring Systems for Users with 16 bit

Subject: 32 bit Online Help Authoring Systems for Users with 16 bit
From: William Warner <Bill -dot- Warner -at- RELIASTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:12:20 -0600

I am one of a number of ReliaStar technical writers doing online help
authoring/designing/developing for end-users with a 16 bit, 3.1
platform, using MS Word 6.

These help systems we develop are attached to business applications,
such as the Customer Service Workbench and the ReliaStar Connection.

Can we use WinHelp Office Suite/RoboHELP 4 with its 32 bit, (Windows
95 or Windows NT platform)--to author/design/develop for users with 16
bit on 3.1 platform?

We want to be cautious. Yet we are excited about the advancements and
functionality of WinHelp Office Suite/RoboHELP 4. I am sure these same
considerations apply to other online help applications (Doc-to-Help;
ForeHelp, etc.) when the end users are still on a 3.1 platform.

What would you advise us? Your response will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Bill Warner, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Writer
ReliaStar Financial