Re: Online Help Authoring Systems

Subject: Re: Online Help Authoring Systems
From: Bruce Covell <brucec -at- CCTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:00:23 +0000

Couldn't find it either, but I did locate Eastgate Syatems of
Watertown, MA, a vendor of hypertext authoring tools.

Eastgate Systems, Inc. 134 Main Street, Watertown MA 02172 USA.
Email: info -at- eastgate -dot- com -dot- Phone: (617) 924-9044
(800) 562-1638
http://www.eastgate.com

> Dear Technical Communicator:

> Subject: Have you have heard of Docu Pro or Eastgate
> Technology, Inc. of Des Moines?

> ReliaStar Financial, Inc. is considering online help authoring
> systems for communicating information to insurance brokers and
> agents.

> At this time, all those involved with online help development
> in our companies are happily using one of the versions of
> RoboHELP or WinHelp Office Suite. We know that there are many
> other fine online authoring systems such as Doc-to-Help,
> ForeHelp, etc.

> However, one of our divisions is exploring purchasing a
> (customized?) online help system offered by Eastbridge
> Technology, Inc. of Des Moines, Iowa. This product is:
> DocuPro or Docu Pro. At first glance, their online help system
> sounds great. This ReliaStar division is looking for a
> customized on-line help system for insurance and financial
> products.

> Have any of you heard of Eastgate Technology or Docu Pro?

> I did a Computer Select search of 70,255 articles published in
> the past two years in over 2,000 computer/IS publications. No
> where is Eastgate Technology or Docu Pro mentioned.

> Do you know of any other company that customizes online help
> system for insurance and financial products.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Bill Warner, Ph.D.
> Senior Technical Writer
> ReliaStar Financial
> Minneapolis, Minnesota
> bwarner -at- reliastar -dot- com

> ~~~
> message
> to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send
> commands
> and
> browse the archives at
> http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html
> Send list questions or problems to the listowner at

A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Bruce Covell Cooper and Chyan Technology Inc.
brucec -at- cctech -dot- com 1601 S. De Anza Boulevard
408.342.5630 Cupertino, CA 95014