Re: Robohelp-the adventure begins

Subject: Re: Robohelp-the adventure begins
From: John Engler <spillman!jengler -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:46:28 -0700

Hey techsters,

It's true that makehelp generates a .hm file, but only in certain
development environments. We've just begun developing in Visual C++ and
it doesn't create a .hm file, only a .hh file. Apparently the .hh file
doesn't include the topic IDs for individual dialogs (although it does
include IDs for menu items and some other dialogs, for example the whole
window). Without the .hh file, you have to go in and link Visual C++ IDs
and Robohelp IDs manually in the aliases section of the .hpj file (this
is what I've read, although I haven't been able to make this work yet).
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has had this same experience
because I still haven't figured out how to make my context-sensitive
help work right yet.

John Engler
jengler -at- spillman -dot- com
Spillman Data Systems, Inc.