Re: Reference for Salary Ranges?

Subject: Re: Reference for Salary Ranges?
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:09:00 PST

This comment floated by:

>Unfortunately, our Human Resources department decided they could not use
>it as a basis for setting salary ranges because the survey does not
>include descriptions of the positions (e.g., tech writer in one company
>could be very different than tech writer in another company).

We are doing our own survey in the Willamette Valley chapter for similar
reasons. The breakdown in the national survey just isn't granular enough to
be of much interest for us.

Plus the numbers were too low :-)

It would be nice to be able to plug in some parameters, such as

10 years experience
Master's Degree
Computer background

and see what pops up, such as a range. The 75th percentile info didn't give
me much to go bang on a manager's door with.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com