Re: Telecommuting freelancers

Subject: Re: Telecommuting freelancers
From: William Warner <Bill -dot- Warner -at- RELIASTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:48:43 -0600

Bill Brucksch wrote:

>I'd like to make contact with other telecommuters and share ideas on
>getting work, convincing potential bosses of the value of
>telecommuting, etc.

I share the same goal. I am interested in feedback from other tech
writers who telecommute.

Bill Warner, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Writer
ReliaStar Financial
Minneapolis, Minnesota
bwarner -at- reliastar -dot- com

Phone: (612) 342-3891

Subject: Telecommuting freelancers
Author: TECHWR-L (INTERNET.TECHWRL) at LOTUSAU
Date: 11/25/96 5:33 PM

Hello, all,

My name is Bill Brucksch, and I'm new to the list. I'm a freelance technical
marketing writer, currently working as an employee of a local job shop. I
live sorta in the boondocks of Western Washington, over an hour's drive to
Seattle, and I'm considering moving even farther out (geographically, not
politically).

The job shop have been tremendously helpful in getting me work in the
Seattle area, but so far a lot of it has required being on site. My goal is
to work from home over 90% of the time.

I'm putting in my two cents worth because I'm interested in connecting up
with other telecommuting freelance tech writers. I'd like to make contact
with other telecommuters and share ideas on getting work, convincing
potential bosses of the value of telecommuting, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Bill Brucksch