Commas and Quotes

Subject: Commas and Quotes
From: Daniel Wise <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:32:35 -0800

Don Smith seems to have taken offense at his posting being "edited." Don, Don, Don! We go
through this comma/quote juxtaposition thread every few months. So far I believe the results
show that 48% put the comma inside the quote, 48% put it outside, and 4% just don't give a damn.
The same poll shows that out of 1237 respondents, only 1 mind was changed by the sometimes lucid
arguments of the thread.

Getting torqued because someone took note of what some would call stupid errors is
counterproductive. Ignore these lowlifes and do what you think is right. That way you are sure
to preserve your place as a writer rather than a manager.

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com