Re: DTP Shootout

Subject: Re: DTP Shootout
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:33:19 -0600

Tim Altom wrote:

> Here we go again...Frame, PM, Word, WordPerfect (Is THAT product still on
> the market?)

Sadly, yes. I never understood WordPerfect's popularity. It's lack of
true style capabilities (all those weird codes that had to be manually
removed) made text formatting a pain.

I still believe that the best word processor ever made (and one of the
cheapest) is Lotus Ami Pro for Win 3.1. It's packed with features and
its speed leaves Word and WordPerfect in the dust.

Steve

--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019