Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:39:52 -0600

Rebecca Phillips wrote:

> The FrameMaker discrepancy is both location and platform related. If you
> ask companies that develop on UNIX, I bet you will find that practically
> all of their technical writers use Frame. Those writers are horrified at
> the thought of using Word, so when they move to Windows, they take Frame
> with them. Frame for Windows is a relatively recent development. That
> may be why it hasn't caught on yet.

I agree that UNIX shops tend to use Frame, primarily because it's one of
the very few UNIX DTPs out there. I'm not really horrified at the
thought of using Word; I'm more horrified at the thought of Microsoft
trying to do UNIX programming. :)

Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019