From QuarkXpress (Mac) to Word (Win)

Subject: From QuarkXpress (Mac) to Word (Win)
From: Jeremy M Lerman <jeremy -at- INSPEC -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 09:19:55 +0200

I once had to convert a set of documentation produced on a Mac version of
Quark 3.1 to Word 6 for Windows. Even though the applications are different
to those discussed in this particular thread, I believe the methodology I
used might provide similar results. Let me know!

The key is to make sure that text and graphics flow together. This means
cutting floating graphics and pasting them as inline graphics in the main
body text. Graphics or texts that do not flow with the main body of
information will not be included in the final file. Also, bear in mind,
that header and footer and other master page items are NOT retained;
Master page elements must be rebuilt in Word. Save the prepared file as
RTF.

The above worked just fine for me with Quark, and when I opened the RTF
file in Word 6 for Windows, everything was there - graphics and all. And
they even printed with no hassle!

Hope this helps - let me know,

Jeremy M Lerman

jeremy -at- inspec -dot- com