Documents on CD, Classes, Lists

Subject: Documents on CD, Classes, Lists
From: Robin McCloud <robin -at- WAYPT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 10:09:32 -0800

I'm doing some research in a few areas and thought you guys might be able
to help me, or at least narrow my search.

1. Looking for a method to put our documents on CD ROM instead of providing
them hardcopy to our clients. Can anyone recommend any good web sites or
phone numbers of companies that either provide this service or the hardware
with which to do it? Any ideas for the best method (if there is such a
thing) to put this information on a CD? I have 15 volumes of information.
None of it is in a format for online help or HTML; strictly text and
graphics in MS Word. We're phasing out this type of documentation set but
want to provide it in an online format of some sort for our clients. We
want to provide a viewer such as MS Word Viewer so they can search for
topics and have some flexibility in reading the manuals online, printing
out pages if they need them.

2. Our documentation assistant wishes to increase her knowledge of desktop
publishing, graphics, word processing, editing, web design, online help,
etc. in order to support our department better. I need to turn some
information in to our Operations Manager for next year's budget, so I need
specifics. Can anyone suggest any web sites of companies or colleges that
offer seminars, correspondence courses, whatever, which might be provided
in the Seattle area? Or lists such as this one that are available to
editors or document support staff?

3. Lists for usability, human factors, web design, online help?

Please respond to me personally if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Robin McCloud