Frame Spelling Problem Fix

Subject: Frame Spelling Problem Fix
From: Bob Hooker <rlhooker -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 17:27:14 -0500

An item to save for if and when you get the problem:

A week or so ago I posted a message about a peculiar problem I was having with my FrameMaker documents. The problem was that it would spell check some paragraph types but not others. I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. I finally found a fix of sorts and all is well again:

1. Save the Frame document in RTF.
2. Open the RTF document in MS Word. (Another word processor might do as well.)
3. Save it as an MS Word document.
4. Open it again in Frame.

The spell checking problem is gone, but so, too, is a lot of your painstakingly crafted formatting. A couple of hours of patching up the formats and importing them into the rest of the documents in the book completes the process.