Re: Using Compare In Word

Subject: Re: Using Compare In Word
From: David Wernick <tirza -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:05:22 +0200

John and Sharon described differing experiences using the Compare feature:

> Word version 6 or 7 will highlight a changed period if that is all that
changed

> The only thing to watch out for is that it indicates that an entire
sentence
> has changed. It will not point to the exact change.

It depends on the extent of the changes. If you change just a word or two,
Compare pinpoints the revision. If you rewrite a paragraph, combine two
paragraphs, etc., Compare sometimes flags a larger section than was actually
revised.

We use Compare to update translations of our manuals. We compare the new
English version to the old, previously translated English and send the
revision-marked copy to the translators.

David Wernick

TIRZA
Developers of:
* User's Guides * Technical Manuals * Online Documents *
* Custom MS Word Macros * Authoring Tools *
POB 443, Elkana 44814, Israel
tel: 972-3-9362170
email: tirza -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il