Re: 2 Word 7 anomolies

Subject: Re: 2 Word 7 anomolies
From: David Wernick <tirza -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 22:09:47 +0200

Michael Caplan wrote:

> 1. Is there a limit to the number and/or size of entries to a
> template's AutoText? Every time that I add one or change an existing
> one, the template becomes corrupted. If I attempt to make a new
> document based on that new template, Word will hang.

I don't know about Autotext, but I experienced a similar problem with a
template that contained a large number of custom toolbars. The solution was
to distribute the toolbars among two or three different templates, which I
then loaded as global add-ins.

Try using Organizer to move some of the Autotext entries to another
template. Base your document on one of the templates, and use the
File/Template command to load the second template as a global add-in.

David Wernick

TIRZA
Developers of:
* User's Guides * Technical Manuals * Online Documents *
* Custom MS Word Macros * Authoring Tools *
POB 443, Elkana 44814, Israel
tel: 972-3-9362170
email: tirza -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il