Re: Quickie semantic question

Subject: Re: Quickie semantic question
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 08:12:16 -0500

At 01:58 PM 12/18/96 -0800, Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM> wrote:
>** If it's after 3pm PST, ignore this question **

>I want to say that, over time, a process takes longer and longer to
>complete.

>Should I say:

>"you've found it increasingly more time-consuming to..."

>or

>"you've found it increasingly time-consuming to..."

>or either?

How about saying:

"Over time, a process takes longer and longer to complete."

Or if you want it worded from the user's point of view:

"Over time, you've found that the process takes longer and longer to complete."

Your first instinct was the right one!

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com

I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish
small tasks as if they were great and noble.

- Helen Keller