quoting a job

Subject: quoting a job
From: Bruce Brill <Bruceb -at- ACCENTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:34:16 +0200

Hi,
I know this or similar queries have been bounced around on the list
before, but since they weren't specifically relevant at the time, I
didn't pay close enough attention. My apologies. I have been asked
to give a quote on editing/rewriting a technical manual of some 350
pages. What are basic rules of thumb? What questions should you ask
before giving the quote? Do you quote per page or
for the job, ask to see the actual manuscript before offering a
quote (What do you look for specifically?), give separate estimates for marking up hard copy and for
inserting edited text electronically? What's a fair quote? Thanks
for input. --bruce--

FREE JONATHAN POLLARD
Odd Request? Check Website:
http://www.interlog.com/~abrooke/jp/brill/brill.htm
Bruce Brill <bruceb -at- accentsoft -dot- com>