Re: writers to programmers ratio

Subject: Re: writers to programmers ratio
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:53:03 GMT

In article <199701140636 -dot- IAA06080 -at- nvsgi1 -dot- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>, amram
<hakohen -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL> writes:
|> What is the optimal ratio of TWs to engineering staff?
|> There's a firm interested in my services, that currently
|> has not TWs on staff. They number about 20 all together.
|> My guess is that 60% of them are programmers.

[...]

You are going about this backwards. One writer can write all the doc
needed for all the products in the world, assuming you have control over
the time constraints.

You need to estimate the size of the project, and let them tell you how
much time you have. Then you are in a position to say how many writers
it will take.

--
Len Olszewski, "You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com build your wings on the way down." Ray Bradbury