Re: Installing Zip Drives

Subject: Re: Installing Zip Drives
From: "Shrock, Kelley" <KSHROCK -at- COSSYMWEST -dot- CO -dot- SYMBIOS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 21:52:00 MST

I had difficulty installing my Epson/Iomega Zip drive with Windows 95. I
work on a Dell pentium machine that has both Windows 95 and Windows 3.1--
the drive worked without a hitch under Windows 3.1! After digging through
the readme files, I found some instructions to "manually" add the device
with Windows 95. After a few complications, I eventually got it working. I
found some errors in the user guide and the readme file that slowed my
debugging process. Please e-mail me directly if you are still having
problems, and I'll try to remember the specifics of what I did (it's been a
few months).
Kelley Shrock
kelley -dot- shrock -at- symbios -dot- com
From: TECHWR-L
To: TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 1997 11:04AM

> Has anyone else had problems with Iomega zip drives as far as installing
> them?

If you have an older computer, Zip drives may simply not work. We
were unable to install them on some IBM 386s.

Tracy