Re: Word instead of FrameMaker -Reply

Subject: Re: Word instead of FrameMaker -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:13:59 -0800

> I would like to rephrase my earlier question slightly: Pls advise on
the pros and cons of using Word 97 instead of FrameMaker 5.0 for
printed documentation. Microsoft's new Word97 apparently has a lot
of improved features in the areas of cross-referencing, master
documents, etc. But I've yet to see the real thing.--Jookim

Dear Jookim:

Apparently, Word 97 is only being released today, so it's
understandable that most of us have no experience with it. For what
it may be worth, you might check Walter S. Mossberg's Personal
Technology column in today's (16 January 1997) Wall Street Journal.
Mossberg has been testing Word 97 and has a lot to say. There are no
comparisons to FrameMaker, however.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California