Re: 3rd-party contract--to cross out clause or not cross out?!

Subject: Re: 3rd-party contract--to cross out clause or not cross out?!
From: KLShaw <KLShaw -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:06:41 -0800

Randy Burgess wrote:

<< ...[The agency] can terminate the agreement at any time with no
notice, but I have to give them 30 days notice, in writing, to do the
same. >>

I don't work through agencies, but all the purchase orders I work under
give my clients the right to terminate the agreement at any time. The
difference is that my company ALSO has the right to terminate any time.
In either case, the client agrees to pay for work actually completed up
to termination. This seems like a more fair agreement for both
parties. In your case, you may have to agree to give some notice to
terminate the contract so the agency can replace you, but 30 days seems
excessive to me. At the very least, make sure your contract
specifically states you will be paid for all work completed up to
termination.

Good luck!

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics Inc.