Re: SERVICE MANUAL REVISION

Subject: Re: SERVICE MANUAL REVISION
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:50:45 -0600

> to what they have. Of course, if you print "smart" docs, the revision
> numbers and dates will automatically update every time a new revision
> is produced. Has anyone ever seen or know how to print "smart" docs?
> I sure would like to know how to print "smart" docs myself.

Doesn't just about every word processor/DTP allow you to put dynamic
date fields in a header or footer? Depending on how you define the
fields, the date could be either the date the document was created or
the date the document was last revised. I'm sure that many programs will
also let you create a revision code that increments with each revision
(using the program's autonumbering function), although I've never
attempted to define such a code.

Good luck,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019