Re: Looking for: Editor for Windows 3.x that has drag-and-drop editing

Subject: Re: Looking for: Editor for Windows 3.x that has drag-and-drop editing
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 22:51:49 -0800

>As a writer/editor who works with large documents, I find it helpful to
>be able to drag selected text to a new location when restructuring a
>document. When one is editing a very large document, it's faster to work
>with the mouse alone rather than switch between using keystrokes and the
>mouse.

You could always forgo the mouse and just use keystrokes... advanced
marking is possible using the cursor, CTRL and SHIFT keys.

>WordPad in Win95 has this feature. The large (read bloated)
>word-processors have this feature. I am looking for a small Win3.x
>editor that has this feature.

The problem is, this function is not inherent in the Win3x shell, so it
must be added to the word processor, in the form of bloat. More
advanced shells, such as Win9x's and OS/2's, handle that functionality
themselves, allowing it to be used with programs that don't support it
internally.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>