Re: Web link testing tools

Subject: Re: Web link testing tools
From: Peggy Schillinger <peggys -at- STLNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:54:44 -0600

Chris Hamilton wrote:

> Good day.
>
> I was wondering what people use to test their HTML-based documentation.
> We're doing a really large HTML project and I have to assure that the
> links not only link to something, but that they link to the right
> something.

How do you know if the current link is the "right something?" Do you
want to determine that the link actually makes contact with another
topic (i.e., that the link functions) or that the link contacts the
specific, pre-determined topic (i.e., that the context IDs are correct)?

I have edited some Help projects and have always worked my way through
them by clicking the links and checking the destination.

Best regards....Peggy Schillinger