Re: Revision Numbers

Subject: Re: Revision Numbers
From: Chet Ensign <censign -at- INTERSERV -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 13:32:04 -0800

Rebecca M. Phillips asks:

>> Has anybody released books with change bars? How did customers react? Is
this, in fact, a requirement for ISO9000? Do you feel that same gut
feeling as I, that this isn't going to be useful in the long run? <<

When I worked for a software manufacturer, we routinely got requests for change
bars from our customers and our product managers. We never had a customer
complain when they were included. The main reason users wanted them was
precisely what you mentioned -- they could quickly scan through familiar
sections of the manual and find out what was new.

Best regards,

/chet

---
<signature>
Chet Ensign Office: 212-448-2466
Manager of Data Architecture Home: 201-378-3472
Matthew Bender & Company, Inc. Email: censign -at- bender -dot- com
New York, NY
</>