Readability Research - the rest of the s

Subject: Readability Research - the rest of the s
From: "Kyle, Charles" <STAMFORD/EISPO1/CKYLE%EIS_International -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:32:00 EST

Charles Kyle writes
I believe I have uncovered the source of all this confusion. My eyes have
been permanently damaged by by the UV rays from my monitor while reading
all the messages on this List and when I went to the printed copy to check
my sources, I read 'First Quarter 1996' as 'Fourth Quarter 1996.' By the
way, I've never seen a copy of TCQ. Is it available online?

I am deeply heartened by the veracity of the members of this list who are, I
am sure, representitive of our profession. With this kind of watchfulness,
space shuttle disasters and nuclear reactor meltdowns can be avoided if we
can only "Get Them To Read the Manual."

And as George noted in another email the article actually is in the First
Quarter 1996 issue of Technical Communication.

Peace.

>>George F. Hayhoe wrote:
>
> Charles Kyle wrote:
>
> <<The magazine Technical Communication Fourth Quarter 1996 had an article
> entitled Human Information Processing Correlates of Reading Hypertext. It
> had a pretty good bibliography. The article presented some very technical
> research findings saying that reading performance was about the same with
> online as printed.>>
>
> The article Charles cites was not published in _Technical Communication_,
> either in the 4Q96 issue or any other previous issue as best I can
> determine. Perhaps he meant _Technical Communication Quarterly_?

Stephen P. Victor wrote