Re: business cards

Subject: Re: business cards
From: Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- ACCENT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:47:00 -0500

Hi, Kim, I have a similar problem, in that I'm self-employed and I don't
work for any single company. So I have to rely on my own business cards.
Even if you don't have a Company name, you can just have your name in large
print on the card, and something about the type of work you do, and of
course your coordinates. But, I agree, we should have a business card to
give. Kim, what do you do if you go to a Conference, such as the upcoming
STC Conference in Toronto? Business card exchange is a big part of the
"networking" aspect of this Conference. What I suggest (and I'm going to do
precisely this, this week) is to buy some good quality "thin cardboard"
designed specifically for business cards, and print my own on my laser
printer. I've designed cards before, so this should not be a problem. And
this way, I can not only get exactly the design I want, but also just the
quantity I need, and print some more when needed, or change the design when
I feel like it.

Fabien