UNIX OnLine Help

Subject: UNIX OnLine Help
From: Bernice Kieffer <bernice_kieffer -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:27:04 PST

Tina:

To the best of my knowledge, there really isn't much out there for UNIX OnLine
Help.
If you want to do WinHelp type files such as ROBOhelp produces you could try a
product called HyperHelp but out by Bristol Technology.
A better bet however would be using HTML help files since most UNIX users are
net connected.
Finally, you could do what my product group has done and use an
in-house-designed Tcl/Tkl based help tool. We use ASCII based files for the
Context Sensistive help in the product then open the Acrobat Reader for
viewing/printing of Manuals.
In my opinion you would probably be best off using an HTML Help system since it
appears to be the wave of the future.

bernice kieffer
Technical Writer/Course Developer