Re: Summary of "Good" Web Pages

Subject: Re: Summary of "Good" Web Pages
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 05:32:28 EST

Thanks to Mike Markley for posting the summary of responses to the question on
good Web pages. I'm a member of the American Society of Indexers (ASI)
Cyberspace Committee (doesn't that sound jazzy?!!), so I was delighted to see
the ASI Web site (http://www.well.com/user/asi/) mentioned as a good example.
Our Web site was recently awarded 4 out of 5 stars in NetGuide's Best of the Web
Award and, of course, we're delighted about that. :-)

And now, I'd like to pick your brains a bit. Here are some questions for those
of you who might be involved in setting Web site policies for nonprofit
organizations. (1) How do you handle requests for links to commercial sites,
such as software developers or individuals who sell services? Do you maintain
such links, or do you inform requesters that your site does not contain
commercial links? (2) Also, does your nonprofit organization contain a
membership directory complete with links to members' Web sites or e-mail
addresses?

Since this request may be off-topic, please send your responses directly to me.
Thanks much!

Happy indexing .... Lori
UPCOMING INDEXING WORKSHOPS:
3/29: ASI DC-Metro Chapter - Editing Indexes for Quality & Usability
4/05: ASI Twin Cities Chapter - Indexing Skills for Technical
Communicators
4/19: ASI Chicago Chapter - Indexing Skills for Technical Comm.

Lori Lathrop ---------->INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services, P.O. Box 3065, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office: 303-567-4447, ext. 28 / Fax: 303-567-9306