Re: Serious problem with Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 ?

Subject: Re: Serious problem with Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 ?
From: "Kenneth M. Nuckols" <Knuck -at- BESTBUY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 11:29:01 -0600

At 10:44 AM 2/11/97 +1, Peter Ring wrote:
>Colleagues,
>
>I have got a very serious problem, probably related to PageMaker 6.5,
>and I am looking for other people who has (seen) the same problem in
>order to help Adobe (or wherever the problem comes from) and me to
>solve it.

Peter,

We've just ordered PM 6.5 to install in our training group. When it comes
in I'll see if I can get the U.S. version to duplicate the problem you have had.

On a related note, what sort of video card are you using in your computer?
I've seen cases where computers low on video memory or non-standard video
chip sets can give very strange errors in certain programs. I recently had
to replace a 4MB video card that went bad on me--for several weeks before
the problem clearly manifested itself as a faulty bank of video RAM, I got
all sorts of strange errors in programs as diverse as Plus! for Windows 95
to Microsoft Word. Once the video card was replaced, all the problems went
away.

Good luck.

Ken
Kenneth Nuckols Corporate Trainer
Voice: (612) 947-2518 Best Buy Company, Inc.
FAX: (612) 996-4242 7075 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prarie, MN 55344

"I am YODA of Borg: Once you start down the path of
assimilation, forever will it control your destiny!"