Re: How not to attract staff!

Subject: Re: How not to attract staff!
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:54:13 -0800

TIMMERMAN wrote:

> Bravo to Chris Hamilton,
>
> I'll ride in you life boat any time. My following comments refer to
> salaried employees only. What all this regularly scheduled overtime
> boil down to is a cut in pay. If you regularly work an extra 10 hours
> a week (without compensation), you have just taken a 25% pay cut. If

I was determined to keep my mouth shut, but I have to expand on this
one. My husband is a programmer, and the attitude at his former job was

"why do you need a real life?"

At one point, he divided his REAL hours by his pay, and it turns out he
was essentially working for about $8/hr. Pretty cheap for a programmer,
huh?

I learned a lot from that lesson. Once in a while is fine, but the
workload has got to be fair to me as well as to the company.
-joanne