Re: the phone companies are at it again...

Subject: Re: the phone companies are at it again...
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:54:08 -0500

We (or at least I) don't get unlimited local calls FREE...I pay a base figure
for service...somewhere around $28 per month for 2 lines, which includes things
like a blanket charge for local calls, Caller ID, and various other
components. I could also opt for the option of paying for local calls, with no
blanket charge. Granted, it maybe less (or more) than other areas or countries
, but it's not "free".

John

Over here in Belgium (as in most of Europe) we pay telephone charges on
all local calls, Internet-related or not. Currently for off-peak calls
(6:30 PM - 8:00 AM), Belgacom (local PTT monopoly) charges 6 BEF (approx
$0.20) for each 12 minute unit! Looks like the US is catching up on the
rest of the world on this one.

Colin O'Neill
colin_one -at- compuserve -dot- com (home)
cne -at- europay -dot- com (work)