RESEARCH REQUEST: OVERSEAS JOB SEARCHING

Subject: RESEARCH REQUEST: OVERSEAS JOB SEARCHING
From: "Donald J. Plummer" <donp -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:40:07 -0500

To all TECHWR-L listserv subscribers:

I am Don Plummer, a graduate student in the Technical Communication program
at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. In one of my courses, we are
researching the general theme of career searches in technical
communications. The focus of my research involves search strategies for
seeking employment as a technical communicator outside English-speaking
North America. Some of you may be working overseas as technical
communicators, you may know a technical communicator who works overseas, or
you may know of resources that I might find useful.

Specifically, I am looking for:

1. Overseas job search strategies that have worked
2. Facts that technical communicators working overseas need to know
3. Resources, hard copy or electronic, that might prove useful for
overseas job seekers
4. Organizations or contacts that can provide resources to those who wish
to work abroad
5. Resources, hard copy or electronic, that can help me with any of the
above needs

If anyone can help with my request in any way, please write me and let me
know. Any information I receive will be used only for this research
project. Also, when you reply I can inform you fully about the procedures
I will use to protect your privacy.

Thank you.

Don Plummer
donp -at- bgnet -dot- bgsu -dot- edu