Re[2]: Resume Scrn. Comments & Question

Subject: Re[2]: Resume Scrn. Comments & Question
From: "Misti Tucker USAET(UTC -05:00)" <mtucker2 -at- E-MAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:43:13 EST

Well, I'm lucky, I guess. I use a two page resume (though I have to do some
serious rethinking or go to three pages with my next job hunt. Just that stage
of my career, I guess.)

I also am an introvert who freezes up in "scmoozing" situations. I'm also
partially deaf. That makes socializing in crowds very difficult.

My friends tell me that I'm bright, funny, and interesting.
My rep tells me I'm great in interviews. But give me a crowd of strangers
and no specific topic or goal, and I come off as a mouse of "very little
brain". When I'm that uncomfortable, I can't think of a thing to say and
it feels like my brain has turned off. That makes STC meetings and the
like *very* painful, so I don't generally go to the dinner segment when
I go at all.

*BUT* I've found an excellent solution for me. I let my work speak for me.
I've found a spot at one of the most reputable job shops in the area,
I do an excellent job on every project, and my reputation has apparently
gotten around because I never have a long gap between projects. I suppose
that just means I let my rep do my smoozing for me -- but that's OK. He
*likes* that sort of thing and hates writing. I love writing and developing
help systems. We each have jobs we love.

Regards,
Misti Anslin Tucker
"Once grammar has been learned, (writing) is simply talking on
paper and in time learning what not to say." Beryl Bainbridge